Essential documents required for car insurance in Egypt
Learn about the most essential documents required for car insurance in Egypt, and about the steps and conditions for obtaining compensation in the event of an accident.
Before we mention the essential documents required for car insurance, you must first know the different types of car insurance policies…
Types of car insurance policies
The essential documents required for car insurance are considered basics that do not differ much from one company to another, but when we talk about the types of insurance policies, we will find a variety that needs to be detailed…
It is the insurance type that is legally imposed by the state on the owner of the car, as it is considered as one of the necessary conditions for fulfilling all licensing requirements.
This type of insurance covers the following:
- Damage that may occur to third-party properties, in case that the insured person is the one who caused such damages.
- It also covers some special cases that may occur to the insured, such as death or total disability.
Comprehensive car insurance:
This type of insurance is at the choice of the insured person, and the forms of compensation payable vary according to the policy that the insured contracts with the insurance company, after completing the essential documents required for car insurance.
This type of insurance covers the following:
- Car rollover or collision as a result of a sudden mechanical failure.
- Car fires or self-ignition.
- Intentional damage or damage to the vehicle by a third party.
- Damages that are caused to the vehicle while being transported by sea or land.
- Burglary, theft, or attempted burglary.
- Damage to third-party properties as a result of the insured’s fault.
It makes sense that after determining the appropriate type of document to insure your car, you should think about the steps that you will take to obtain the insurance policy, which is the stage at which you will need to bring the required essential documents required for car insurance…
Steps to obtaining car insurance documents
To obtain an insurance policy through Tokio Marine, there are simple steps to go through, which include bringing the required essential documents required for car insurance.
- Fill out the insurance application form, which includes all information related to the car.
- After submitting the application to the insurance company, a full inspection of the car is carried out by an expert in Tokio Marine.
- Any damages to the car will be repaired and photographed if any.
- Whether you find damages or not, the insurance price of the car is then determined after the inspection.
- Then all these documents are submitted with the essential documents required for car insurance to the auto sector of Tokio Marine in order for the required documentation to be approved for the insured person.
Well, now that we have finished the types of car insurance policies, and have completed the steps for obtaining car insurance policies, we must talk about the essential documents required for car insurance, and what exactly are those essential documents required for car insurance…
What are the essential documents required for car insurance?
When applying for an insurance policy through Tokio Marine, these are the essential documents required for car insurance:
- Copy of your identity card.
- Copy of your driver’s license.
- Required insurance form.
- All car’s data in full detail of its condition.
And not only Tokio Marine, but all Egyptian insurance companies consider these documents among the most essential documents required for car insurance,
Therefore, you should consider completing these essential documents required for car insurance to facilitate the procedures for obtaining your insurance policy.
In the next stage, you won’t need to do anything unless the car is damaged, and this damage was covered by your insurance policy. In this case, you must go through some simple steps to obtain compensation for the damage that happened to your car…
What are the steps to obtain compensation for your car?
In the event of any damage to your car, you must follow the following steps to obtain your compensation as soon as possible:
- Go to the auto sector of the insured company, from which the insurance policy for your car was issued, to submit the compensation claim documents.
- Carry out an inspection of the car by one of the insurance company’s experts, and make a report attached to the car’s photos and submit it with the compensation request.
- Discuss the repair assay with the client.
- Repairing the car, then doing another inspection after the repair.
- The compensation should be paid by the insurance company after studying all the submitted papers and their compatibility with the terms of your insurance policy.
But before going into these steps to get your compensation, you must first meet some conditions, which are as follows:
- The driver should not be under the influence of drugs or any alcohol at the time of the accident.
- The accident should not be a result of the vehicle being used in racing.
- The accident should not be caused by a person who is not licensed to drive.
- The accident should not be due to a violation of traffic rules, such as driving in the opposite direction.
In the end, we hope that we have clarified all the information you need about the essential documents required for car insurance,
And if you still have any questions regarding the essential documents required for car insurance or questions about insurance policies in general, you can contact Tokio Marine and ask what you want to know, and Tokio Marine’s team of insurance experts will answer all your questions as soon as possible.